Getting the right supplies for cloth diapering journey is essential to having a successful cloth diapering experience. Here is your cloth diapering supply list broken down into must-haves, like-to-haves and optional items. (Not familiar with the lingo? Check out our Cloth Diaper Lingo cheat sheet).
- 16-20 cloth diapers of choice
- Hanging diaper pail or pail liner (zippered bottom, if possible)
- Cloth diapering-approved detergent, like Rockin’ Green
- Wet totes (2) – great for storing dirty diapers when on-the-go
- Diaper sprayer – your life will be much easier with this contraption
- Reusable wipes
- Extra insets – great for overnight usage
- Wipe warmers – Considered a luxury item by some. You can use warm water to wet the wipes and save energy.
- Bottom sprayers – Again, not necessary but can come in handy. Many DIY parents choose to make their own using a plastic bottle with water.