CONGRATULATIONS!! Eileen IrishBabydreams is our Winner! We have emailed our winner with information on claiming their gift certificate! Thank you all for entering!!
Summer is quickly approaching which means we’ll all be looking for ways to cool down with our kids in the summer heat! Whether you’ll be playing in a water table at home, pool, lake, or beach every baby needs a few things to keep them cool and safe from the damaging effects of the sun. Every parent will need a few things to keep their cars dry on the way home. Here is a list of our Cloth Diaper Summer Must-Haves: (Keep reading for a new giveaway going on now)
1. Swim diapers: Many public pools require that your baby be in an approved swim diaper. There is no need to buy disposable swim diapers with all of the adorable selection of reusable swim diapers today! Reusable swim diapers have a water-proof layer on the outside and a soft or mesh layer on the inside. Similar to traditional cloth diapers but without the inserts that might weigh your baby down in the water. The primary job of any swim diaper is to keep the solids out of the pool (or body of water). Some of the popular brands of reusable swim diapers include Imse Vimse, My Swim Baby, Bummis, and AppleCheeks.
2. Swim Shirts: The best way to protect your baby’s delicate skin in the sun is with a UV shirt. UV swim shirts and tanks can safely protect your baby without the use of chemicals and is considered to be one of the best ways to keep your baby safe from the sun. An added bonus is how cute they will look with their matching swim diaper. UV swim shirts are available from Bummis and My Swim Baby.
3. Swim Hats: Since our little ones have such thin hair, their heads are the first place they will burn in the sun. Sun hats and caps can shield their head, neck, and face from the damaging effects of the suns rays. Eliminate the need to apply messy sunscreen to their heads and faces by using a sun hat or cap by Bummis or My Swim Baby.
4. Wet Bags: You’re done at the pool and now it’s time to drive back home….with all those wet clothes! Wet bags can hold more than just dirty diapers, they can hold anything wet and keep your car and diaper bag dry. The new Planet Wise roll down wet bag has an extra snap down feature guaranteed to keep wetness contained!
5. Sunscreen: While your best defense against the sun is protective clothing, shade, and avoiding the peak midday sun – a safe sunscreen may also be needed. Gentle baby sunscreens are generally considered safe from about 6 months of age and up. Be aware that many sunscreens, including those designed specifically for babies, have harmful ingredients that may contain compounds that disrupt hormones. The Environmental Working Group (EWG) has a complete list of safe sunscreens and we proudly stock the Episencial Sunny Sunscreen (SPF 35) that gets one of the best ratings by the EWG (Overall score: 1).
Is your family ready for summer? If not visit Kelly’s Closet where you can find these and other great summer cloth diaper essentials.
Would you like to win $100 Kelly’s Closet Gift Certificate? During the month of June we are giving you a chance to enter to win this wonderful prize. All you have to do is complete the Rafflecopter entry form below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
To read more about summer must-haves and fun activities to do with your kids this summer please visit our Fun in the Sun cloth diaper bloggers listed below. Visit their blogs for a special Kelly’s Closet coupon code. (Note: Only participating Fun in the Sun bloggers should add their information to this Linky. All other links will be deleted. To leave a comment on this post to enter the giveaway keep scrolling! )
Have questions about cloth diapers or swim diapers? Contact us at Kelly’s Closet and we’ll be happy to help.